Portugal Golden Visa
The Portugal Golden Residence Permit Programme or Golden Visa is a fast track for investors to obtain fully valid residency permit in Portugal without having to live in Portugal. The permit allows visa free travel throughout the 26 Schengen States and allows the holder to apply for a European Passport or permanent residency in 6th year.
The Portugal Golden Visa programme has proven very popular with our clients and investors who are looking to achieve one, or all, of the following objectives:
- Dual citizenship for you and your family
- Visa-free travel in Europe / Schengen area
- Overseas property ownership
- Education and work possibilities in Portugal
- Alternative residency in terms of safety, security, health, education and lifestyle.
- Straightforward investment requirements
- Very few documents required .
- Applications have priority processing
- Extremely low minimum stay requirements: 7 days in first year and 14 days following periods of 2 years.
- Does not need to live in Portugal, but can continue to live in country of residence.
- Fully extendible to direct family members without further investment. Direct family members include dependent children and dependent parents of main applicant and spouse.
- Can live & work in Portugal, even with residency in a different country
- Access to all Portuguese Public Services, including health and education
Under the Portugal Golden Visa programme, non-EU citizens simply need to carry out just one of the following investments:
(A) PROPERTY PURCHASE of €500,000 +
- All property types qualify
- Freedom to use, rent or lease
(B) INVESMENT OF FUNDS
- Minimum investment of € 1 million
- Deposit into a Portuguese bank account / stocks/ company investment
(C) Job Creation
- Creation of a minimum of 30 jobs
- Compliance with Social Security obligations
- Entry into Portugal must be with a valid Schengen visa
- The investments must be maintained for a minimum of
- Funds for investment should come from abroad
- Residency application only approved after investment
- Absence of flags in Portuguese Immigration and Schengen services
- No debts in Portugal
- Clean criminal record
- Minimum stay in Portugal: 7 days in first year, 14 days during each subsequent period of two years
The Portugal Golden Visa is originally issued for one year and then renewed for successive periods of two years,
provided that the requirements of the investment activity as well as the minimum stay periods in Portugal are maintained.