Portuguese Residency for Investors / Golden Visa
The Portugal Golden Residence Permit Programme or Golden Visa launched by the Portuguese Authorities is a fast track for investors to obtain fully valid residency permit in Portugal and consequently travel freely throughout the 26 Schengen States. Additionally, there is the option for a European Passport or permanent residency in the 6th year when simple conditions are met.
Types of qualifying investments (Investments maintained for a minimum of 5 years)
- Property Investments - Acquisition of Properties above € 500,000 in total.
- Capital Investments - Transfer of Funds above € 1,000,000.
- Job Creation - Creation of a minimum of 10 jobs.
Portuguese Residency For Property Investments (Golden Visa) – Legal Information
- Acquisition of Properties above € 500,000.
- Purchased after 8th October 2012.
- Acquisition completed before the application for residency permit.
- Properties acquired free from any charges or mortgages.
- Minimum stays in Portugal – 7 days first year & 14 days following periods of 2 years.
- Residency Application made within a maximum of 90 days after entry in Portugal.
- Residency Permit granted for an initial period of 1 year & renewed for periods of 2 years.
- Possibility of permanent residency after year 5 and nationality one year later
Bearers of Investor Residency Permits may travel freely in the Schengen area.
Portuguese Residency For Property Investments (Golden Visa) – Additional Information
- Possibility of co-ownership with each co-owner making an investment of a minimum of € 500,000;
- Promissory Contracts of Purchase and Sale are now acceptable for the initial investor residency
application, provided that a deposit of a minimum of € 500,000 is paid. In this event, the actual
purchase of the property needs to be effected until the time of the first renewal of the residency
- Possibility of financing to purchase the property above the € 500,000 investment;
- It has been clarified that the properties acquired can be freely rented and let for commercial,
agricultural and tourism purposes;
Portuguese Residency For Property Investments (Golden Visa) – Documents & requirements
- Valid Passport and Schengen Visa.
- Valid travel document and medical insurance.
- Updated property documents showing ownership of property.
- Proof of means of income and proof of address.
- Absence of criminal conviction and of interdiction to enter the country.
- Absence of notice from the Portuguese Immigration Authorities or Schengen Services.
- Declaration from the investor confirming compliance with the investment requirements.
Portuguese Residency For Property Investments (Golden Visa) – Typical Application costs paid to the Immigration and Borders Services
- Initial application - € 517.40
- Issue of Investor Residency Permit - € 5,173.60
- Renewal of Investor Residency Permit - € 2,586.80
- Issue of Portuguese Residency Permit for Family Members - € 5,173.60
- Renewal of Portuguese Residency Permit for Family Members - € 2,586.80
At CCPI are happy to recommend professionals who can provide a comprehensive service for any foreign investor wishing to purchase property and apply for the golden visa for Portugal. Contact us at email@example.com